May 16, 2011

Welcome to Cripple Creek

When Mr X and I first arrived in Colorado we saw signs for a town called "Cripple Creek" as we drove about. Mr X, capitalizing on the fact that he had been a Colorado resident years before, decided to tell me about how this town got it's name. Back in the "old days", according to Mr X, the people of the area would take all of the "cripples" to this certain creek and drown them. Hence the name. Nice story, huh? Needless to say I didn't buy into Mr X's story, much to his dismay. Mr X possesses quite an imagination though, doesn't he? You should hear the things he comes up with on a daily basis. The conversation is never boring at the X household.

Anyway, we decided to go have a tour of this Cripple Creek since it's now famous at our house. It's a minuscule old mining town set in the middle of the mountains. The drive there was hands-down the most breathtaking drive I've taken here thus far. I attempted to get some photos so you could all live vicariously through them but, as usual, the pictures never quite seem to do the landscape justice. I guess you'll just have to come see for yourselves one day.












2 comments:

Mom said...

OK. I tried to answer in the comments first and I messed up. I am trying again. I sure like that little picture in the corner with legs and a snowboard with the rest of the body buried. That you? I am looking forward to visiting you in such a neat place. Looks like you found your home. Love

cdr said...

Yes that's me taking a pretty spectacular tumble. Mr X was so excited that he caught it on camera.

I really like this place and I'm looking forward to showing it off to any visitors.