Nov 3, 2008

Culinary Casualty

It seems Mr X was a victim of accidental food poisoning last night. I swear it wasn't on purpose. I prepared a whole lemon roasted chicken on a bed of peppered croutons (homemade)/sautéed onions along with garlic mashed potatoes. I thought it turned out very well. Not only did it look beautifully mouth-watering, but it was moist and flavorful. But much to my dismay, at 3 o'clock in the morning I awoke to the disconcerting sound of Mr X vomiting in the bathroom over and over again, poor thing. If it was food poisoning I don’t know why I didn't get it ... maybe a stronger stomach...? Regardless, I feel awful about the whole thing and I've decided to take a hiatus from cooking/baking for a while. Those of you that are expecting me to bring something to the Thanksgiving Feast....I suppose I'll bring it if you still want me to, but eat it at your own risk. You've been warned. Poor, poor Mr X.

2 comments:

mindy said...

maybe he just caught something from hannah?? i hear she puked at your place over the weekend.

sounds like a delicious dinner, i'd risk it anytime!

Nicole said...

I would still eat one of your pies... consequences be dam*ed.