I, like, totally "rocked the vote"
I voted today. Yay me. I’ve always wanted to live in a swing state during a major election like this, that way it feels more like your vote matters. (Ya, ya, Everyone’s vote always matters, I know…but you know what I mean, right?) We did live in a swing state but we ditched that state mere months before the major election. Now I’m back in CA where my vote for president seemingly just gets lost in the crowd. Ah well, I’d rather be here anyway…just this past Saturday I spent the afternoon at the beach. But you can bet that I’ll be keeping my eye on the NM results just to see what my vote could have done there.
3 comments:
i agree-it is a cool feeling living in a swing state. i voted absentee, that doesn't feel as real, but kevin says when he voted he saw my name on the list with "absentee" next to it. so i guess it works.
and awesome pie! looks delicious!
That's how I feel about voting here in Oregon. I decided to vote after getting chewed out by my little sister for not voting for that reason.
Looks like your swing-state went rogue. Isn't NM traditionally Republican?
We rocked the vote at our place, too. Since there were about 2 dozen Oregon ballot measures to be decided upon... it took us a few hours to acually rock our votes.
Post a Comment