Nov 29, 2013

A Very Happy Thanksgiving Indeed

This year Mr X and I unanimously decided to postpone the traditional Thanksgiving activities (spending all day preparing delicious food and then feasting) until Friday. That way we could spend the holiday snowboarding while everybody else was mingling with friends and family and feasting. This was in hopes that the slopes would be slightly less crowded than they will undoubtedly be the rest of the weekend.

I'm happy to report that our plan worked out great! Yay!

The other great part of this plan is that I still have to work Friday. Mr X doesn't. So Mr X will be doing the majority of the cooking. How nice! 

Last Friday the Boa dial on my old snowboard boots broke. The boots were so old that the repair people said they couldn't find a boa dial of the same model to replace them. So I upgraded and purchased these Ride boots. They have a double-Boa system - one to tighten the ankle area and one to tighten the foot area. It's nice.

We spent Thanksgiving morning at Winter Park. We normally really enjoy this place but there wasn't enough open yet so we went down everything they had open and then enjoyed a Thanksgiving lunch of burgers (normally we bring our lunches with us but since it was a holiday we decided to treat ourselves). This is the view of the mountain from our lunch spot. Those are our boards' noses.

Mr X is about to sit down and enjoy his lunch in the warm sunshine on a beautiful day.

After lunch we decided to change mountains for some more terrain. So we drove to Copper and spend the afternoon riding down everything Copper had open. It was great! Beautiful weather and gorgeous views!


This is just the view to and from the ski resorts from our house. I couldn't help but snap a few photos.





No comments: