Oct 20, 2008

Playing catchup, Part 1: Miramar Airshow

Every fall here in SD the Miramar Air Force Base holds its annual air show. We've gone before and it's always been really entertaining so this year when my SIL (Mr X's sister) invited us to go with her family, we were more than happy to attend. There are always plenty of planes out on display for exploring:


(This is my niece, Hannah. She was so excited to sit in there but once she got in she was too timid to really touch anything.)
(Hannah and her dad)

(The rest of these are of the Blue Angels...always a good show.)



The only thing I was kind of disappointed in was last time I went to the airshow they were adventurous enough to
break the sound barrier and in so doing they provided us with a crowd pleasing sonic boom. This go around I waited and waited for that moment but alas, the boom was not to be heard. *sigh* Oh well. At least I got to experience it once.

I found this picture, from National Geographic, of what it looks like when a plane breaks the sound barrier:

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

I love that last picture. Very cool.

Nicole said...

The Blue Angels rock... and they scare my children to death.

Anonymous said...

I love the sonic boom picture. Obviosly, we are back in Idaho and I am trying to catchup on happenings. John sends his sympathy to Jeff. He is an expert on rolled ankles. Though Kimberly is now vying for that position.