Apr 29, 2008

Last weekend's activities...

This weekend Mr X took me fishing (Saturday). I caught a leaf and a twig. I almost caught a flip-flop but it got away from me. It's too bad because that would have been some good eatin'. Twice, while casting, my poorly put together fishing pole (my fault) fell apart with the end portion flying downriver with the line. But don't worry, all the parts got home safely. We did find a nice little spot where the fish were biting and that was fun. As it turns out the fish were smarter than us - they kept managing to evade our hooks while feasting on our bait. I guess they'll just be fatter for the next person...


On Sunday afternoon we decided to take our new bikes on a 'real' bike ride. We didn't do any rough terrain or anything (I don't want to rip a stitch) but we just went more lengthy than our usual 30-45 minute ride around our area of town. We drove to the zoo (downtown), parked and got on the bike path that runs along the Rio Grande. It's a really nice ride because there are no cars around and the view is nice. We rode up to the north end of the city and back to the zoo again. It was 20 miles in about 2 hours.


2 comments:

Nicole said...

I am impressed with all of your exertions so soon. However, I am not impressed with your fishing skills. :)

cdr said...

Well I was pretty much just sitting on a rock for a few hours with the fishing so that one really doesn't count for exertion.

I can't believe I didn't catch a fish.