Occasionally the company I work for rewards us for all our hard work by taking our group out to a nice lunch or dinner on them. Generally no expense is spared for these meals. It is a wonderful gesture and I appreciate it greatly, even though I think my evenings and weekends are worth more than a steak dinner on occasion. However these gestures from the mother-ship always go a long way in terms of restoring our sleep-deprived employee morale. That morale-boost makes a big difference because it helps us to keep going despite everything and plus it generates momentary (albeit fleeting) affection for our jobs/company.
One of my male coworkers (that doesn't really narrow it down since all my coworkers are male) gets so excited about these impending protein feasts. He has been talking incessantly about it for two days now. Which of this restaurant's steaks is best - how he'd like to get the 40 oz Porterhouse (sp?) but he really likes their rib-eye, etc. He's even been pulling up the menu online to gaze longingly at his choices. All of my coworkers look forward to these meat-fests with eager anticipation (that guy in particular is just the most extreme). I don't have anything against red meat but I've never gotten excited about it either. 40 oz? Good grief! That's a lot of weight on one's colon.
Why do men seem to love red meat so much? I'd rather have some cheese.
1 comment:
Women have always referred to themselves as "being treated like meat," maybe there really is a connection?
Post a Comment