Jun 2, 2012

Suffolk: Bury St. Edmunds

After our first weekend in London, Mr X and I headed east to explore the Suffolk area. One of my favorite towns in Suffolk was Bury St. Edmunds. It was small but not too small, quaint and well cared for. The spring flowers were in full bloom - it was gorgeous.


The town's main park was littered with old ruins and kids ran around playing in them like it was perfectly normal to have ancient ruins scattered throughout one's city park. I loved it.

It's hard to see him, but Mr X is right there in the middle of this photo.



It seemed to me that the English let nature engulf the headstones in most of the church cemeteries. I really appreciate it. I think it somehow lends a greater sense of time passing and peace to the headstones.


I don't know what kind of trees these are but they were all over the place in England and I loved seeing their lush pink blossoms everywhere I went.

1 comment:

Mom said...

You captured it! Time passing... The picture is too small for me to help you identify that tree. Was it a blossom or a flower? When I blew it up, it was too blurry.